The Gardens/ Yard

My mother is mainly in charge of the gardens. Sadly, I have a black thumb when it comes to plants. Thankfully, my mother is the gardening queen! We are up to our knees right now in fresh lettuce, cucumbers, zucchini, asparagus, and rhubarb. I can't wait until the other plants come into season!

The lovely pergola my father built. Everything is a bit of a mess right now but when it's cleaned out it is a great place to host people!


The three tiered hill garden. Have a hill that is a pain to mow? Turn it into a beautiful garden instead! We added the third level this year, hence the newer looking wood. It is full of zucchini, squash, tomatoes, basil, and various perennials in the top part of the garden.


Here is our little fire pit. Great for s'mores!


The giant swing set, complete with swings, trapeze, hanging triangles, slide, and seesaw. A huge hit with all of the kids through many generations. Again, excuse all of the mess being mid chicken coop run building has created!



Temporary hand washing station. We used this for dressing the chicken, now it is being used as a hand washing station. When we have so many people coming to visit and touch the animals we want to make sure they have clean hands so that they don't spread disease.

The rhubarb plant.

Shed on the hill. Potential future goat housing?

The shade garden. Lettuce, spinach, pansies, and garlic.

The big garden. I don't even know what is planted in here there are so many things!


Asparagus garden and side yard.

Current compost situation- hoping to expand with the amount of waste we are producing.



My little garden sprouted! Next to the chicken coop I planted a little bee garden. Maybe my thumb isn't black after all- only time will tell. (UPDATE: It has grown like crazy!! Definitely more gardening in my future. It makes the chicken coop look so much nicer and is attracting so many lovely bees to our yard).







The view from my front yard... I love Vermont!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Natural Vibrantly Blue Eggs

Processing Chicken: Real Life Farm to Table

Processing Turkey: Real Life Farm to Table